Stephens Media Group is a privately-owned company that helps to generate revenue for local businesses. We do this by communicating the right message, to the right audiences, so businesses can start seeing new customers right away.
We are looking for a skilled Account Executive to find business opportunities and manage customer relationships. You’ll be directly responsible for the preservation and expansion of our customer base. The ideal candidate will have a passion for sales and experience in media and digital advertising with exceptional customer service. The right candidate is a reliable professional able to achieve a balance between customer orientation and a results-driven approach. The goal is to find opportunities and turn them into long-term profitable relationships based on trust and mutual satisfaction.
- Create detailed business strategies to facilitate the attainment of goals and quotas
- Manage the entire sales cycle from finding a client to securing a deal
- Unearth new sales opportunities through networking & prospecting in order to develop into long term partnerships
- Present products & capabilities to prospective clients
- Recommend and process digital advertising campaigns
- Provide professional post-sales support to enhance customer devotion
- Remain in frequent contact with clients in order to uncover their additional needs
- Respond to complaints and resolve issues aiming toward customer contentment and the preservation of the company’s reputation
- Negotiate agreements and keep records of sales and data
- Proven experience as an Account Executive, or in other sales/customer service role
- 2+ years in media &/or digital advertising sales is preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of market research, sales and negotiating principles
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of CRM software is a plus
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Organizational and time-management skills
- A business acumen
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- High school diploma
- BS or BA in business administration, sales or marketing, preferred but not required
Here are the 7 must-have qualities we look for in every Account Executive:
- Extremely competitive
- Deep need to get others to see things from his/her perspective
- A tenacity to open up new opportunities daily
- High self-esteem that doesn’t take rejection personally
- A willingness to use the telephone to set up face-to-face meetings
- The desire to creatively communicate (we’ll teach you how!)
- Cares as much about team success as individual success
Send materials to Laurie Hammermeister
Stephens Media Group is a growing company with recurring openings in the area of Programming. Positions may include on-air host, Program Director and Operations Manager.
Duties may include:
- Oversight of all station strategic action plans.
- Creation of original and creative content for station and extended platforms (social media, video, marketing, etc.)
- Collaborate with digital director on station’s social media strategy and digital efforts.
- Oversight of writing and production of station imaging as required.
- Scheduling of all music and programming content.
- Creation of original and creative content for the shows/times assigned by the Program Director.
- Write and voice-act on-air bits & performances for a specific show and audience.
- Repurpose content station’s social media channels.
- Production as assigned
- Appearances for live remotes, station events and community events as assigned.
- Knowledge of broadcast systems, ratings methodology, automation systems and studio equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five (3) years radio experience preferred.
- Computer skills for audio delivery and automation systems, such as Wide Orbit, Maestro, Adobe Audition or higher, etc is a plus.
- Experience with station web sites, social media, mobile and digital delivery platforms.
- On-air experience, and experience operating all on-air and production equipment
- Track record of success in ratings.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
For information contact Justin Henriksen